I love trends… They get us inspired to switch things up. Too often, especially when it comes to décor, we can get stuck in a rut. So since it is a new season I decided to summarize my top trends for the upcoming year or so.
Think about incorporating a few of these ideas into your décor. You can choose something small like a few new accessories or larger scale furniture, but bringing in one or two exciting, fresh trends will change the entire look and feel of your space!
Here’s my trendy list…
1. Return of the sunken living room (indoors and out)
2. Formal Entertaining spaces
3. Tented living spaces
4. Art as furniture
5. Chevron floors
6. Ornate tiled floors with a Moorish influence
7. Round entryways
8. Classic palm springs style
9. Structured gardens
10. Over the top playrooms
11. Scarface-inspired Glamour
12. Bright pastel colour palettes with shots of vibrant colour
13. Wood paneling
14. Asian-inspired built in shelving (think Dorothy Draper)
15. Laser cut walls and doors
16. DIY high-street modern furniture
17. 70’s style mirrored walls and bars
18. Patterned exteriors
19. Painted floors
20. MIXING STYLES to make your own
That’s all for me!
What are your favorite home trends for 2013?