This is a fun DIY project for any skill level. These cute little mechanized birds look amazing as colorful accents to your home décor. Or make them with kids and put on a fun puppet show!
You can print your bird puppets in assorted colors that match and compliment your style.
CLICK HERE FOR PRINTABLE PDF
- Colored card stock printed with bird puppet PDF
- Glue stick
- Heavy duty all purpose glue (we used oasis floral glue)
- 6 pennies
- Popsicle stick
- Wooden bead
- Craft knife
- Bone folder
- Awl (thumb tack also works)
- Dremel or drill
1. Print the downloadable PDF on colored paper and use a craft knife to cut out both bird wings and bodies.
2. Using a glue sick, adhere the solid sides of the bird bodies together, creating one bird body with printed feather images on both sides..
3. Use a bone folder to score the edge of each wing, as in image. Use a versatile, heavy-duty glue (I used Oasis floral glue) to attach three pennies to the solid side of each wing (the pennies act as weights).
4. Glue the tabs you created on the end of each wing onto the body. Mini clothespins or paper clips help hold all three pieces together while drying. Once dry, use an awl to punch a hole on each wing and at the feet of the bird.
5. Drill small holes at both ends of a popsicle stick. Thread string through both holes. Thread each end through a bird wing and tie off on underside of the wing. Tie a string onto a wooden bead. Thread other end through bird feet and knot.
WRITTEN AND CREATED BY MORGAN LEVINE
For more about Morgan visit www.patbatesandassociates.com/Morgan_Levine/
Check out Morgan’s blog at www.tumblr.com/blog/morganlevine