As much as I love a good DIY project year-round, there is something particularly fun about getting crafty during the holiday season. This submitted DIY project is so simple and quick, but it’s also a nice little seasonal addition any bare credenza, shelf, or even staircase.
1. Take your pinecones and lay them out in a row as you would like to to hang on the garland (NOTE: I’d recommend using smaller pinecones as you don’t want your garland to be too heavily weighted down.
2. Then decorate each pinecone as you see fit. You could dip the ends in paint, add some glitter for a bit of a sparkly shine, or even spray paint them entirely to create a more colorful display. The options are endless.
3. Once your pinecones are dry, take one end of your thread and simple wrap it around a couple of times around the top of the first pinecone and knot. Do not cut the other end of the string as this will be used for the remaining garland.
4. Take your next pinecone and remaining end of the string. Leave a bit of space between the first pinecone and the second and wrap the string around the top of the pinecone several times. The knot at one end, but DO NOT cut the string.
5. Repeat with all of the remaining pinecones.
6. Hang as you like and enjoy the seasonal decor!
Do you have a seasonal project you’d like to share with us? Send it my way at email@example.com with step-by-step pictures and instructions and we might feature it on the site!