To kickstart a healthy summer, I’ve been scanning through my recipe archives in order to find quick and easy recipes for the season. Luckily, one of my favorite salads is super healthy and easy to make!
Anybody love arugula as much as I do? If so, give this recipe a go…
1. You’re going to want to get the hardest part out of the way first, so get your lemons squeezed and store the juice off to the side. I totally recommend using FRESH lemons and squeezing your own juice because it just tastes better. Trust me on this one!
2. Grab a medium or large sized bowl and toss in your arugula. I like the bitterness of wild arugula, especially balanced with the fresh apples. Which brings me to the next step…
3. Slice up your apples into small, thin pieces. You want them to add a little “crunch” to your greens, so try to keep them small and bite-sized!
4. Now I’ve never been a fan of measuring cups or utensils, so the rest of this is going to be up to you and your eye. Drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice into your bowl and toss everything around a bit.
5. Garnish the top with freshly shaved Parmesan and some sea salt. Then toss again for some extra fun.
Have any summer salad recipes I should try? Leave them in the comments below.
All photos courtesy of Stephanie Todaro