*inspired by Spoonful and seasonal creativity!
For leaf print…
– Rubber bands
– Food coloring
– Cups for dye
– Nylon stockings – cut into 3 in. pieces
– Flat leaves – mint, cilantro, dill, etc.
– Stencils of your choosing
– Acrylic, multi-purpose paint
– Small paintbrushes
Instructions for leaf print eggs…
1. Boil eggs and let cool in a bowl of cold water while you prepare your dye colors.
2. For each dye cup use 1 tsp. vinegar, ½ c. warm water and 10-20 drops of food coloring. Adjust measurements to dye cup size.
3. Dry egg and place the leaf on shell in desired position. Wrap leaf in place with nylon stocking and secure with rubber band.
4. Gently place egg in dye cup and let sit for 5 mins. Mix colors for unique effects! 2 mins in yellow + 3 mins in red etc.
5. Gently lift egg out of dye and place on dry, working surface. Remove rubber band and nylon (slowly!) and let dry completely.
For painted eggs…
1. Find stencils you love and apply to dry eggshell.
2. Fill in stencils with acrylic colors of your choosing and let dry completely.
3. Remove stencil and decorate finishing touches!
Have fun and get creative with your designs, dyes, supplies, etc…