Tomorrow marks the first official day of spring, so I figured it was only appropriate to make this week’s challenge about something that’s probably on your list already: spring cleaning.
It’s the necessary evil of the changing season, but the truth is, spring cleaning doesn’t have to be a chore. Cleaning out can boost your mood and your health and not to mention, it makes your home look a lot better. Here are some simple tips.
1. If you’re pressed for time, break the project down into smaller pieces. Think one room per weekend. This will make the task doable.
2. Stock up on cleaning supplies- can’t do the project without the right tools.
3. Involve the family. Making it a group effort not only cuts the cleaning time, it’s also a way to hang out while you’re working.
4. This might sound like a broken record since we’ve already talked about closets and garages, but ditch the clutter before you clean.
5. Work from top to bottom. Start with dusting the ceiling, shelves, light fixtures, etc. and then hit the ground. This way, gravity is working with you instead of against you.
6. Make sure you cover it all: windows, blinds, linens, floors, the fridge, carpets, window treatments, bathrooms, china, drawers, the garage, medicine cabinet, kitchen appliances.
Share any of your own tips in the comments below!