Travel | Travel Essentials
It’s no secret that I’ve spent most of my life on the road. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining! Traveling has opened tons of doors for me in my career, not to mention I’ve met some incredible people and have seen amazing places along the way.
Since I’m a veteran wanderer, I put together this list of travel must-haves. Things I try not to forget when I pack for a trip, no matter the destination. If you have any other suggestions, leave them in the comments below.
1. Travel documents – Can’t go anywhere without this stuff. Usually includes passport, photo ID, ticket confirmation, etc.
2. Tunes & accessories – Whether you have a classic Walkman or the latest iPod, traveling would be pretty gruesome without a soundtrack in your ears. I like to bring big noise-cancelling headphones to block out any screaming babies that might be on the flight… never fails.
3. Small carry on bag – You might have to pack and check the big stuff, but make sure to bring a separate smaller bag for your flight entertainment. Just make sure it can fit under your seat! Some airlines are real sticklers about this.
4. Camera – Seriously my favorite tool to capture my travels. I always bring extra SD cards too because you never know what’s going to catch your eye and lens.
5. Device to play words with friends with Alec Baldwin. Need I say more?
6. Electronics changers – Phone, computer, tablet, camera – most electronics need a life source to recharge them when they die. Forget one and you might as well cherish every charged moment. RIP iPhone.
7. Your own snacks – PB and J sandwiches are always a good idea. I’m not a big fan of inflight food, even if the peanuts are packaged gourmet.
8. Notebook & pencil – Need something to jot down thoughts and play crossword puzzles.
9. Hand sanitizer & smelling salts – These kind of come hand in hand. Planes aren’t the cleanest carriers, so it’s always good to sanitize in such closed quarters. And smelling salts… in case somebody has to use the vomit bag.
10. Toothbrush – Always be prepared with fresh breath. Never know who you’re going to run into…
11. Large fuzzy neck pillow to keep your drool off your neighbor’s shoulder
Photo Source: Best Price Travel