Seasonal Design: 7 Natural Holiday Décor Ideas
You definitely want to keep the cold out of the house during the winter months, but that doesn’t mean you can’t bring the outdoors in for a natural holiday touch. Here are 7 ways to do it…
1. Pinecones are perfect for the winter season. Since they’re small and lightweight, they work great for hanging décor and as small accents in larger displays. Paint-dipped pinecones are trending this year and they’re DIY-friendly too.
2. Dried fruit will add a pop of color to your décor, but it’s also lightweight for hanging accents like tree and doorknob ornaments or festive garland. This one is easy to DIY too, but if you need some pointers check out this DIY post on Gardenista.
dried fruit ornament from Etsy
3. Evergreen trimmings are good for lining shelves, mantles, staircases and window treatments. Making small decor out of a few trimmings adds simple fare, like the door hangers below. It’s also nice to mix them into a larger holiday arrangement for a fresh touch and scent!
4. Birch logs are a winter staple, especially for the fireplace and tabletop decorations. You can make cool candle holders and centerpieces using different sized logs to display on your holiday tablescape. Also great for the front porch or balcony!
5. Walnuts are small and delicious too! Like pinecones, they make great accents to larger displays and painted walnuts are also trending this year. I like them in wreaths, holiday candle displays and ornaments on the tree.
6. Winter berries like cranberries will give you another pop of holiday color around the house. They’re pretty flexible which gives you a lot of options when it comes to décor and you can incorporate them into pretty much anything. Some of my favorites are the classic cranberry/popcorn garland, cranberry wreaths and candle displays.
7. Tree branches both thick and thin are very versatile. They’re simple for hanging chandeliers or smaller displays. And all you have to do to incorporate them into your decor is walk out the door!
Have any natural decor ideas for the holiday season? Share them in the comments.